If youíre reading this because you want to contribute to the site, thanks. If youíre just bored, you wonít find any excitement here. I promise. Now then, for those wanting to contribute to the site (non-news items) with a written piece, here are some basics Iíd like people to adhere to:
- Your piece must be about some aspect of Wellesí career, although biographical materials of more than passing interest will be considered. (Basically, I donít want mini-bios of Welles; there are enough bios of the man out there without adding to them yet further. Biographical criticism, however, is fine.)
- Do not plagiarise or libel anyone. If I find that you have, your piece will be pulled immediately. Cite your sources, itís as simple as that. Libel is a different matter. You cannot libel the dead, but itís just not a nice thing to do, is it? And if I think you have libelled anyone still alive, I will not publish the piece.
- All writings remain the property of the writer. I just present a forum for the writing to be published in. You will not be paid for anything published on the site. You are free to have your piece removed any time you wish. Should you wish to do so, simply email me and I will attend to it as soon as possible. This site is done out of love for the works; there is NO money involved.
- Please copyedit and spellcheck your work ahead of time. Have someone else copyedit and spellcheck your work. Then, send it to me via email (I will NOT key in ANYTHING from hard copy; there arenít enough hours in the day), preferably in Microsoft Word.
- As far as content, write about any aspect of Wellesí career that you wish, taking any approach that you wish. From a simple film/theater/radio review to something more in depth, go for it. Short, long, whatever. Although remember that people are far less likely to read something that goes on for 25 pages online. To summarize, this does NOT mean you have to write a paper! Write a 200 word piece, a 2000 word piece, whatever suits the material.
For images, Iíd like pretty much anything. Alternate video covers/versions, the same for books, any stills, one sheets, lobby cards, you name it. Theater programs, and so on. You get the idea. If you would like to send something, send it to me via a jpeg or gif file, and that should work fine. Iíll give due credit to all who send something for the site, of course.